“The Journey of a politician in India is a struggle, a daily struggle with system, social taboos, & a constant call of the conscience to bring the change you seek in the world! And like any other Leader would say- ‘It is one beautiful journey, though a roller coaster ride but you evolve in the process’….. There is so much I intend to give, to do for India & its people, and after 42 years in politics,I still believe the journey has just started & there remains several milestone to achieve.” – Kailash Vijayvargiya
- Shri Kailash Vijayvargiya began his political voyage in 1975, when he joined Indore Chapter of Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. As a student he was very keen social activist & eagerly participated in numerous social activities, events & campaigns. It was this experience that magnified the feeling of nationalism & patriotism in young Kailash.
- In 1983 he was elected Councillor in Municipal Corporation Election for Indore.
He was appointed as President of standing committee.
He lead Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha as State Minister and is also Bharatiya Janata Party ,General Secretary and he has also been legal cell convenor for BJP Madhya Pradesh.
In 1985 Kailash ji was state coordinator for Student Front &
He became state vice president in 1992. 1993 in was in charge of Gujarat as National Minister of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
Shri Vijayvargiya ji was elected as member of legislative council in 1990,, 1998 & 2003.
Shri Vijayvargiya ji was elected as member of legislative council for the second time in 1993.
Shri Vijayvargiya ji was elected as member of legislative council for third time in 1998.
- In the year 2000, with maximum votes in his favor he was elected as the Mayor for Indore. First mayor to be elected directly by the voters of the city. This very year was also nominated as Vice-president in the beginning to end as a President of All India Council of Mayors.
- 2001 he was re-elected as President of All India Council of Mayors, with an award in his lap for Best Mayor in Honolulu, America at the World Conference of Mayors. This year he was also invited to be a part of the Preparatory Committee of the World Earth Summit held in China.
Kailash ji also travelled to Britain in 2002 to share his experiences & insights on urban development on invitation by British Prime Minister. A similar invitation to attend agreement on Urban Development-2002 in Garland, Texas(USA)was extended to him which he participated in with a delight & a vision of holistic growth of Indore.It is credited to his dedicated efforts in Indore for Environmental Improvements & Green Living , that Indore was awarded ‘Clean City, Green City -2002’ by Government of India.
Shri Vijayvargiya ji was elected as member of legislative council for the fourth time in 2003.He was also President of the South Asian Conference of Mayors in the year 2003. Also led the Indian Front of volunteers in World Earth Summit-2003 in Durban (South Africa).Shri Kailash Vijayvargiya took his oath as Cabinet Minister on 8 December, 2003. He was accountable for Public Works , Parliamentary Affairs , Urban Administration and Development ( only Simhastha - related functions) .
In July 2004, his responsibilities were extended to include charitable , religious and Rehabilitation Department. Kailash ji in on 27 August 2004, was declared integral to cabinet of CM- Babulal Gaur ji as a Minister of Public Works Department. In December 2004, he continued as Cabinet Minister in the government formed under Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan. He handled state affairs of Public Works, IT, Science & other Technical departments for the government.
He was elected as MLA consecutively for fifth year.Shri Kailash Vijayvargiya ji was also member of PSE Committee and member of the Public Accounts Committee in Legislative Assembly.
- In the month of April elected as the President of Indore Divisional Cricket Association.
- In the month of march, reelected as President of Indore divisional Cricket Association.
Winning as Legislator again in the year 2013 for state assembly, Kailash ji took his oath as cabinet minister on December 21, 2013.
Owing to his persistent loyalty & dedication in national interest, in 2015 BJP unanimously nominated Kailash ji as ‘National General Secretary’ of the party. Since Shri Vijayvargya ji’s efforts in Haryana Election- 2016 were commendable & rewarding, he was entrusted with the reins of West Bengal elections for the year.
- In the year 2000, with maximum votes in his favor he was elected as the Mayor for Indore. First mayor to be elected directly by the voters of the city.
- It is credited to his dedicated efforts in Indore for Environmental Improvements & Green Living , that Indore was awarded ‘Clean City, Green City -2002’ by Government of India.
- Honored by United Nations for his genuine efforts dedicated to attain Goals set by UN for Millennium Development.
- National Goodwill Award by State Government for his unending peace conquest & efforts, also Building Industry Leadership Award Due to the endeavours Of Kailash ji & excellent output pertaining to it in IT sector, the State received three prestigious national awards.
- He was elected as MLA for the fifth time, winning with a huge margin from Ambedkar Nagar Mhow region. 20 December 2008 he took his oath as a cabinet minister for the cabinet of CM- Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan.